The Serenity Prayer

A picture of a mountain, trees, skies, and a dashboard 


Introduction

 Hello, friends and neighbors, and welcomed to the Mother of Gooses blog, were I write facts, lyrics to songs, and the occasional recipe.

Today, we are looking at the words to The Serenity Prayer. Written by a Mr. Reinhold Niebuhr in 1934, it is one of the nicest prayers out there. 

I like it because it is beautiful, and because it is about contentment in this life; good life policy, right?

It is fairly long, which is fine by me, so get ready to enjoy something that should be set to music.

C'mon, admit it, it should be set to music. Maybe to the tune of Wayfaring Stranger? 

Mmmmmm.

Now, on with the show!


The Prayer

Dear Lord,

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And the wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time,

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace, 

Taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is;

Not as I would have it.

Trusting that You will make all things right,

If I surrender to your will.

So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,

And supremely happy with You forever in the next.

Amen.


  Afterwards 

Isn't it nice? If the world took the message this prayer is giving, we would all be happier.

If there is something that you specifically want me to cover, let me know in the comments, and I will do my best to answer.

I will update on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, or a Random Chatty Day!

Or I will accidently publish two posts on the same day...

Goodbye, and God bless!


-Mother of Gooses

What a pretty house 

  Thank you for letting the Mother of Gooses blog be your source of information

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Links To Other Posts

Lyrics to the hymn, This Is My Father's world

Lyrics to the hymn, Sweet Hour Of Prayer