Morning by morning new mercies I see



Hello, my friends, and welcome to another post of the Mother of Gooses blog, where I talk about nothing in particular.

Today, I have a story to tell you; this is a true story, a miracle that God performed in my life.

So get ready to either be amazed, confused, or both.


A short time ago, I was doing dishes after breakfast, listening to a podcast; a everyday thing, nothing abnormal. 

But I had decided to be a total GENIUS and have the tablet right by the sink! I knew you'd be impressed. 

Now, our water isn't warm right away; we have to run it for awhile before it's warm enough to do dishes. And since we don't want to run water into the sink for fear of waste, we run it into a quart jar until it's warm. We keep this jar of water by the sink for if people get thirsty while someone's washing the dishes, as nobody likes it when someone gets your warm water cold.

As I finished dishes, I was trying to get a very large dish into the full dish drainer.

And, wonders of wonders, it doesn't want to balance on top of all of the other dishes.

And it slips.

And hits the quart jar of water.

AND THE WATER DOESN'T SPILL!

So I decided to choose my hard and move the water. I grabbed the jar and start to move it away from the sink. You know, do something smart.

Then it happened.

I think it was because my hands were wet, as I had just had my hands in dish water. 

I lost control of the jar and dumped a quart of water all over the tablet.

I'm like, "God, please no." 

I wipe it off as best as I could, and turn it on. It works; I can access apps, and even turn on a video. I just can't hear it. Because water got in the head phone jack.

So I'm using a cotton swab to try to get the water out, so that life can return to normal.

It doesn't work. I try to reboot it; maybe that would help.

Nope. It wouldn't turn back on. I mean, at first it kind of did, but I guess I rebooted it again, because after awhile, it was blinking on and off. Dead.

Eventually, in one last effort, I put it in some rice and hoped that it would work.

You see, rice is supposed to absorb moisture; it could help if the water hadn't gone too far into the tablet. But the water HAD gone far into the tablet, so it probably wouldn't work.

And guess what? God let it work. He had worked a miracle, and let the device (the one I'm writing on right now) come back and be functional again.

Now you might not think that this was a miracle, but I do. It was something man couldn't fix, but that God could. 

He didn't have to. He could have just let it die. But He fixed it. 

Thank you, God.

What did I take away from this experience?

#1 God is merciful and will help you when you need it. It may not be the way you think he should've, but he does help. He does what he knows we need best. After all, he is the supreme ruler.

#2 Never, ever, EVER leave an electronic device anywhere near water.


Well, that's it! If you want to read more, go back to past posts while you wait for a Monday, Wednesday, Sunday or a Random Chatty Day. 

Has God worked a miracle in your life? Let me know down in the comments! Bye! 


-Mother of Gooses 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Links To Other Posts

Lyrics to the hymn, This Is My Father's world

Lyrics to the hymn, Sweet Hour Of Prayer