Random Chatty Day: Violins.

 

The violin 
The case


Hello, hello. It's me, Mother of Gooses, and today we are talking about violins.

You know, those instruments that are very, very easy to make horrible noises on?

And, if you're any good, beautiful noises?

Yeah, those ones. 

The violin is is in the stringed instrument family (of course) and, more specifically, the bowed instrument family. 

Other instruments in the bowed instrument family are the viola, cello, double bass and octobass.

The violin is the most high pitched of these instruments and it's also very easy to break.

How do I know?

Well, let's see. 

If I tune it using the pegs instead of the fine tuners, the strings break. 

A short time ago, I opened my case and the E string was broken. Why?

I don't know. 

So I changed my E string. 

As I'm tightening my E string, it breaks. Great.

So I figured I'll tune my G, D and A string. And, I'll even be smart and use the fine tuners!

So as I'm using my fine tuners, the bridge flies off.

I'm am currently not speaking to my violin.


Apparently, the bridge isn't held on by glue, it stays in place with help of how tight the strings are; so if enough strings break...

The violin was invented by Andre Amati and Gasparo di Bertolotti, both residents of Northern Italy, not from the same towns. 

Andre was from Cremona and Gasparo was from Salon.

The violin was invented in the 16th century, along with the viola and the cello.

The violin is played by drawing a bow (typically made with wood and horse hair) across the very tight strings. 

The violin is one of the most common instruments, alongside the guitar and piano, as well as one of the hardest. Why? Because it's fretless. 

Frets help you to know where to put your fingers. Most stringed instruments have frets, such as the guitar, banjo, ukulele, mandolin, and saxophone.

Yes, I'm being ridiculous.

Some violin teachers put stickers on the instrument, to help beginners know where C is, or where A is, or F, or C#. It's a good idea, I guess, but it doesn't look very pretty.

If you want a to hear someone who's really good at the violin, go to YouTube and find Jonathan Anderson; he plays hymns, and does a very good job.

Well,that's it! Have a good day, and remember: chickens say cock-a-doodle-doo.


Let me know in the comments if you want me to cover a certain subject.

If you want more posts, wait until a Sunday, Monday, Wednesday or another...

Random Chatty Day!!!!!!


-Mother of Gooses 


The violin in a different pose

   Thank you for letting the Mother of Gooses blog be your source of information 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Links To Other Posts

Lyrics to the hymn, This Is My Father's world

Lyrics to the hymn, Sweet Hour Of Prayer