My Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting

  Introduction 

Do you love chocolate? How about peanut butter? 

I love both, so one day, I decided to just make a recipe up and put it on a cake; it was quite tasty, and I enjoyed it a lot.

It isn't foolproof, (nothing really is, I can mess up anything) but it is fairly simple, if you follow instructions.

Now, as I have nothing else to add, on with the show!


    The Recipe

1 cup room temperature butter

1/2 of a cup of cocoa powder

1 tsp of salt 

2 cups of sugar

1/2 a cup of milk

1/3 of a cup of peanut butter


Melt a 1/2 cup of the butter over medium heat, then add the cocoa powder. Stir occasionally, until there are several bubbles. (This is called blooming. Blooming cocoa powder in a fat gives your food a more chocolatey flavor)

After there are bubbles, put aside. It's best to do this at least twenty minutes in advance, so that it can cool before you add it to your butter/sugar mixture.

While your bloomed cocoa powder cools, cream the rest of your butter in a large bowl, with a hand or stand mixer. Once it looks smooth, add your sugar, salt and peanut butter. Cream until light and fluffy.

Once fluffy, add your cocoa powder/butter mix. Beat in, then add milk. 

Put on cake or muffins, and enjoy!


I post on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays or Random Chatty Days. See ya then!


-Mother of Gooses

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Links To Other Posts

Lyrics to the hymn, This Is My Father's world

Lyrics to the hymn, Sweet Hour Of Prayer